Lamar Odom Disappointed In How He Was Cut From Ice Cube’s Big3: I Found Out On Social Media, They Didn’t Tell Me Or My Manager!

Lamar Odom, Ice Cube

Lamar Odom Disappointed In How He Was Cut From Ice Cube’s Big3: I Found Out On Social Media, They Didn’t Tell Me Or My Manager!

Former NBA player, Lamar Odom, 39, has spoken out in the aftermath of Ice Cube’s Big3 League announcement of his release. On Friday, 2-time NBA champion and New York Times Best Selling author shared on social media,

“As most of you have heard, the Big3 decided to deactivate me for the remainder of the 2019 season. I respect Ice Cube & the other league executives, however, I am extremely disappointed with the way that this has been handled. Besides the embarrassment, it’s disappointing to read on IG that this decision had been made, especially without sharing it with myself or my manager.”

Lamar Odom

As previously reported, Big3 executive Ice Cube gave a short explanation on why Odom was released from their three-on-three league. He stated,

“As a league we want players that are actually playing. If you ain’t playing or you can’t play or you have health issues…”

After learning about the reports of his heath concerns from Ice Cube, Odom addressed the Big3 executive’s statement,

“Only after I heard from the media, I was then told that the big boys cutting checks decided that they had to deactivate me with no real specific explanation. TMZ apparently did manage to get a clear answer from Ice Cube, “my health was their concern.” I have been 100% transparent about my condition before signing the contract, but at that point it wasn’t an issue. I was told after game #1 that I had been given extra time to get stronger. I have been working hard daily to get in better game shape. The willingness & intent has always been there to play. The Rhode Island game that is happening tomorrow was the game I have been looking forward to the most as many people know that this is where it all started for me.”

Odom continues,

“I am aware that at some point in life we have to accept & surrender to what God has planned or not planned for us — so I am staying positive. I worked very hard to make a comeback in my life & no rejection can stop me. Thank you Big3. I would love for you all not to express any negativity towards the Big3 as I am proud & rooting hard for Ice Cube to build this league to the next level. He is the only black male owning a sports league in the USA, just let that one sink in for a moment. We must always think about the big picture, supporting our brothers & sisters. Let’s all be open to live with the concept of feedback because this can help us to improve. I hope that we can use this situation as a lesson to grow, heal and become better people. I salute all of you, thank you for the love & energy. S/O to Ed Brown for letting me wear his jersey for the Slam photoshoot. Much love! -Lamar.”

Soon after posting his message, several former players and friends took to his comments in support. Players including former Los Angeles Lakers teammate Matt Barnes, Carlos Boozer and actor Pooch Hall. To add, fellow deactivated Big3 player Jermaine O’Neal writes,

“Well said bro”

As previously reported, the league released several prominent former NBA players following several rules changes. In an official statement, players including Odom, Jermaine O’Neal, Baron Davis, and Bonzi Wells, have been released for the remainder of the Big3 season.

“Effectively immediately, Baron Davis, Bonzi Wells, Lamar Odom and Jermaine O’Neal will be deactivated for the 2019 BIG3 season.”

Lamar Odom, Jermaine O’Neal, Baron Davis

In their statement, the Big3 touched on the health concerns of players, writing:

to maximize competition, protect the health of players and to raise the level of the professionalism of the BIG3.”

Over the past few years, Odom suffered numerous health issues, including multiple strokes and heart attacks while in a coma, after he survived an overdose at a Nevada brothel in October 2015. Just 3 years later, in November of 2018, Odom signed with the Big3 League.

What are your thoughts on Odom’s response? Let us know in the comments!

The post Lamar Odom Disappointed In How He Was Cut From Ice Cube’s Big3: I Found Out On Social Media, They Didn’t Tell Me Or My Manager! appeared first on theJasmineBRAND.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *